look forward :)

look forward :)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Real, True Fasting

Reading about true fasting in the bible and lerning about it through videos and people has really changed the way i look at it. Fasting is not a way to gain favor with god. Its not a means of getting what we want because we feel like we are offering something to god in the form of suffering. Looking back at my fasting experiances i can say they were a bit selfish. though i wanted to get closer to the lord my motives were all wrong. I liked the accoplisment of it and counted the days i fasted as a measure of sucesss. I wasnt in it as much as i should have been and i was wondering how come i dont feel you lord ? When i do all this for you , i feel like your far ! But its as if hes saying to me .. Betty do it for me and i will glorify you. So the lord must come first in all we do weather it be salvation or anything, When we forget us and put him first that when our light up with glory. fasting comes from passion where food the basic necesity is no longer needed because a passsion for something great consumes you and you want to give it your all and rely on the lord while he works that situation out for you! How amazing this is. Its a great lesson. You know what im tired of being a luke warm chrisitan . i want to be a fire a FURNACE for god. So i dont doubt my salvation or nothing but rely on him and hold his hand through life with full confidence and thats what i want this fast to be all about! I want to pray for my whole family especially to break the bond of alchol on my dad and praying and pleading for the world. To be humbled so that i may be lowerd and so that i may glorify jesus more and be more like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment