look forward :)

look forward :)

Friday, January 14, 2011

INSIDE OUT! ( FINALLY FOUND SOLUTION)

Today i watched a video on youtube and it was transforming.
(josielenore) is her username. She talked about how it is imporant to fix the core underlying issue of EMOTIONAL EATING. I have known and now really aware that i suffer from emotional eating. I have suffered for a long time with emotional eating and it is a real problem. today i feel like a have a SOLUTION.

For many years , i have ate to soothe my self and have been havier than my actual state now which is better. I look better than i did last year for example. Its hard to pin point exactly what has helped me but i did bike a lot during the summer and did zuzana workout. I can say it has been consistent but "something is better than nothing." So gettin back to the point i have been biniging cycle for a long time. I remeber drivers-ed over a year ago and me goin to a store to buy tons of junk/treats and eating so much of it at once. i even said " today im going to eat my heart out"! So i was constantly up and down. Every year i always prepare for Ocean City. Wanting to make it my best summer yet. But year after year i have been yo-yo dieting. In a self defeating cycle.


So lately i have been making better changes. I did get on a diet and lose weight, looked better than i ever did, which was great. and the way i measre that is through my back because i tend to carry most of my weight there! anyways since school started i stil used to bike even when it wa cold but now its too cold so i have stopped completely. I have done zuzana workouts a lot at some points stop start pattern. But thats a recap of this year. I am still not where i want to be . there is still binging but not crazy like before but i still eat when i dont need to. I also over eat , cant stick to a life style..and all that good stuff.


So on to the present. Today i watched a video that changed my life. I have yo-yo dieted for a long time and i feel like for the first time ever this is a real solution to my problem. if i stopped eatin gemotionally and stopped being attached to food for comfort which i do a lot and most of it automatic which makes it hard to notice. again since it happens so fast i usually over eat and eat the wrong things etc... and have very low control of my mind to food connection. Most of my day to day eating does not involve extreme binges but small ones are frequent. So i have found a way to cope with my issues.


First ,
  1. Be aware of my surrounding each time before i eat
  2. ask myself if i am physically or psychologically hungry
  3. IF the answer is psychological ask myself whati am trying to soothe
  4. find an activity that will streer me in a positive way that does not involve food

By repating these steps i believe it will giv eme more control and power over my eating. I hope to finally stop yo-yo dieting and just eat and not be attached to food in a bad way. yes food connects us all its important enough to affect our survival but should not be a coping mechanism.

This sounds very simple and i agree that health coping mechanism should be taugh in school unlike math which we hardly ever use. So today was a great day.... Aside from the emotional eating starting about 4 days ago i have been working our regardles of my eating habits. Some longer some shorter but the point is to get stornger and get into the habit. Plus its very importnat for an overal healthy well being. Inside and out. I have also found that working out allows me to eat better because i understand first hand what it takes to workout so its a great motivator for my diet. Lastly working out consitently wil sed extra fat , promote me to eat better, boost energy, mood and keep muslce tone strength and definition. ( i have recently realized that its the control i have over my life that brings happiness not really my external appeareance. hte extrenal appreance hits home once in a while when i watch a video or something that shows beautiful girls and that makes me sad and reminds me of the trap i am in. And i can say no longer because im going to keep trying.

So putting it al together i am going to follow my better coping step with my emotional eating, workout consistenly even if a minute lol, maintian a postive outlook and keep pushing. Because i need to appreciate the gift i have been given which is an opporutnity to constantly transform myself and its not cheap!

"There is no magic solution t life but when you get bits of insiration and knowldege, use it to step forward passing limits you never though possible. try it, bet you would catch yourself by surprise. I dare ya" ( Betty.S)




So

No comments:

Post a Comment